Friday, August 26, 2005

What does it mean to trust God?

I was ponderingt this question today when I was out riding. God showed me that I am actually quite a lot like Kira, the horse I wsa riding (God speaking through horses... Balems ass comes to mind! (btw I will soon stop banging on about horses but as it stands at the moment, they are my world!) You see, Music, the horse I used to ride, didn't really used to trust me very much when it came to path I chose for her. She'd lived at the stables all her life and knew the surrounding bridleways like the back of her hoof. She knew exactly which the quickest way home was, and whenever I tried to tell her to take a path that wasn't the quickest way home, or a different path from usual, she'd set her jaw against the bit and stubbornly refuse. We'd have an arugment for a few minutes before she finally caved in and went the way I wanted her to, dragging her hooves all the way. Kira, on the other hand, is a baby, and doens't know her way around. She trusts me totally, never questioning the way I send her. She believes that I will take her home eventually. However, this doesn't stop her getting distracted along the way - starring into fields, forgetting where she's going, and sometimes getting scared by things along the way. But it jsut takes a kick in the ribs to get her back on course. I want to be more like Kira than Music with God. I don't want to stubbornly think I know best. i can see how I am like Kira, I want to do God's will without aruging, but sometimes I seem to forget who God is and that he is in control, I get distracted and scared by things along the way. I want to trust God more, but I'm not sure what that means. I htink I need a belt in the ribs!
'For it is written: Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you. And so we say with confidence: the Lord is my helper I will not be afraid, what can man do to me?' Hebrews 13:5-6

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home