Friday, September 09, 2005

Life at Rock

I've been working at Rock for a week now, and living in Cambridge for a week and a day. Its quite strange - I feel like I've entered grown-up-world. I now live in a very nice 3 bedroomed semi (with a conservatory, patio doors and 2 sheds!) in suburban Cambridge - never done surburbia before, its very weird that you can walk for age and see nowt but houses (as opposed to fields in Normandy and exciting shops and the sea in Brighton), and its not strange to be asked if I'm married and if I have kids! People at church are really lovely, and tthey all seem very excited about the fact I've come to work for them. They all seem to know who I am, even if they don't know my face, when I tell them I'm Lou they will go (without exception) 'ohh YOUR lou!' its a bit scary - I feel like a celebrity! (and like a idiot when I don't know anyones names!)
Its also very weird living in a place where you don't know anyone again - I miss all my Birghton friends sooo much! Though I'm meeting Rachel (one of my fellow physics girls) in town on Saturday, because she lives reasonbly close - I'm sooo excited about seeing someone that I've known for longer than a week!!
Anyway, I should get on with being a grown-up :o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home