Saturday, October 01, 2005

The delights of small children

I've been in Cambridge a month now, quite bizarerely. Sometimes it feels like I've been here 2 days, sometimes forever. Strangeliy its sometimes the small children that make me feel like I've always been here. Earlier today, I wandered into the home of some lovely people from Rock who live down the road from me. I was greeted by their two and a half year old excitedly shouting my name over and over again, while her sister (whose 1 on monday) bounced up a down with a huge grin on her face and held her arms up to me. This really touched me, they know who I am by name and they are excited to see me, it makes me feel known and loved. How much more touched / excited / overjoyed should I be that the Creator of the Universe not only knows my name, He knows how many hairs there are on my head and everyting else about me. And he loves me so deeply. The kids are fickle - it doesn't take much for Jasmine to be shouting at me and Lily to be in tears - but God is not, He loves me no matter what I do. And I bet he gets excited when I spend time talking with Him. We have a brilliant Dad.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kath said...

Mate, good to hear that! - and a very similar experience to the one I had working for a church - it was the two small children who were over excited by me paying them some attention that taught me the most about God and his delight in us! - and again I am stupidly forgetful, thanks for the reminder!

Sat Oct 01, 10:10:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home