Saturday, October 22, 2005

Tooo heavenly minded?

This week at TEAM (the mgithy Training for East Anglia Minstitry one day a week course that I go to on Wednesdays (yes once Ii've finished it I will be fully equipped to minister in East Anglia - obviouusly the rest of the world has a different gospel - blatanly you're only saved by grace through faith if you live within a 30 mile radius of cambridge - otherwise you ahve to work at it.... or move!! (sarcism in case you can't tell i'm not really heretic!) I had to speak on Colossians 1:1-8 where Paul praises God for the Colossians faith in Jesus and their love for all the believers both of which come from their hope of heaven. In my homegroup this week the phrase 'you can be too heavenly minded to be of much earlthly use was brought up', I was struck by how starkly this contrast with what Paul actually says in Colossains. Our faith and love should spring from our hope in heaven. We should be completely heavenly minded coz the we'll be of ultimate earthly good. If I'm sure I'm going to spend eternity worshipping the true and living God, if I know the only reason that I'm gonna be in heaven is nothing to do with what I've doen but all to do with what Jesus did on the cross for me, and if I know that those who are not trusting in Jesus will not be in heaven, then I'm living in reality and my actions should surely be of eternal earthly good. Lord - make me more heavenly minded, help me live in reality day by day, moment by moment, help me to point others to reality too. Make me so heavenly minded that I am of ultimate earthly use.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home