Monday, May 29, 2006

Sound of Musoc - whats the deal?

Right well its a rainy bank holiday and for the first time in my life I sat down to watch 'The Sound of Music' (I know the fact that I've never sen it before distrubs some people (I seemed to be constantly mocked and ridiculed for that fact during Relay (though I suppose it was only Kath and Sharon inflicting that on me) but to be honest I can't see what all the fuss is about. I've wandered away bored about 2/3 of the way through. I know pretty much all the songs (how can you escape them) but I find them all quite boring. Maria should be a loveable character, and I like the idea of her, but I just can't seem to get past her irritaing posh accent, or the American-ness of the children (I know how shallow I'm sounding!) I just didn't care what happened to them (which I suppose is a good thing as nothing much seemed to be happening to them except learning to sing... and stuff about relating to their dad I suppose) Maybe I'm just used to faster paced modern films where stuff actually happens, or some kind of childhood fondness of the older films where not much does (although saing that, loads of stuff happens in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!!) Or maybe I'm just not cultured enough!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home