Thursday, June 22, 2006

The strong pull of the south coast

Well, the decision's finally made - I will be heading back to Brighton, to be tormented by seagulls, in September. Woo! Its such a weird time at the moment, my emotions can swing wildly from being well excited about returning to the place I love, to being close to people I think are great, to having a challenging but brilliant job and being well upset about leaving a church I love, about leaving a community who love, value and support me (at the prayer meeting this morning, when one guy found out I was leaving he started gushing about me (which was very touching, but to be honest I wanted the ground to open up and swallow me, but thats only coz I can't take compliments!!)
So anyway, from September I will be working with the fab people at Christ Chruch Brighton (church in a pub? yes please!... check it out
www.christchurchbrighton.org) I'm well up for being involved in this new(ish) church that seeks to be a church fo those who don't go to church, that is trying to connect with the culture without comproising on the gospel. My job will be to teach the bible to (hopefully) both Christians, and those who don't yet know Jesus - what a great job!
But that means more changes = not my favourite thing. But hooray for the truth of Hebrews 13:5-8:
God has said: Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you. So we say with confidence: 'the Lord is my helper, I will not be afraid, what can man do to me?' Remember your leaders, who spoke the word of god to you. Consider the outcome of their way of life and imitate thier faith. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, and today and forever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home