Thursday, July 13, 2006

Heaven is Real!!

"Finally I want to tell you that there is a heaven. The Christian life certianly is not a playground. It is a battlefield. You will have to face the world, the flesh and the devil. I wish I could tell you that you will never struggle with temptation again. But I can't. I wish I could tell you that you will meet Miss Wonderful, fall madly in love and live happily ever after. But I can't. All I can promis you is wet eyes, a broken heart and a joy that cmes through walking with Jesus. But there is one thing that I want to remind you of and that is that this life with all its struggles and woes is not all. Heaven is for real. Count on it. One day we who beleive in our Lord Jesus Christ will be rid of our sinful bodies and will live in a brand new world. We will be free from all sin, al frustrations, all restrictions, all limitation and corruption. One thing is certain. The moment we enter into heaven, we will know for sure that 'All the present sufferings of this present time will not be worhy to be compared with the glory that will be revealed in us'. All our sufferings - pysical, mental, emotional, psychological, sexual, relational and spiritual will be over forever." Bill Bygraves

Hooray! Heaven is real! One day I will have a perfect resurrectin body, which will not hurt, which will not sin, which will be perfect and whole. This week I've struggled with the usual pain in my eyes, I've struggled to support a friend through emotional pain, and of course I've struggled with my own sinfulness - my rebellious heart. I'm so glad that this world is not all there is - how depressing would it be if it was. I've been 'reading' High Society by Ben Elton - its a book about drugs, but more than that, its a book about broken people. About people trying to make life feel fulfilled by attempting to stuff their yearning hole inside themselves with drugs, with sex, with fame, with relationships. None of them satisfy, they gerneally just make people more broken. But that is all the world has to offer - try and numb the pain of this world with short term solutions. None of them work. Now it seems a bit cheesy for for me to go, its only God that will satisfy, only he can fill the God shaped hole. But it is true. Our creator is the only one in whom we will find ultimate safiscation. But I know that even as a Christian I'm not fully satisfied. I know that often my sinful heart desires things other than God, it gets drwan in to drying to fill the emptiness with earthly things. I struggle to be satisfied with God alone. But it won't always be like this. In heaven, I won't struggle to be satisfied I will know God fully - I will see him face to face (wow - I'll be able tos ee faces!!) and be completely satisfied - knowing that the only reason I am there is because Jesus loved to enough to die. What a great Savriou. What a great hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home