Sunday, September 03, 2006

Changes and a God who doesn't

Hebrews 13:5-8 syas: Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Remember your leaders, who spoke the word of God to you. Consider the outcome of their way of life and imitate their faith. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

I hate change - I love these verses. Over the last few days it has suddenly hitme that actually I am leaving Rock - I leaving a church family who I have loved and ho have loved me over the last year. I'm am leaving outreach ministries whcih I adore - I'm leaving people who are not yet Christians in God's hands. I'm leaving people who won't remember me, people who may have died by the time I return to visit Cambridge. The next week will be a week of lasts and of many tears. But I am so thankful to God to bringing me to Cambridge, even for such a short time, I'm thankful for the leadrs he's given me here, who have spoekn the word of God to me, and whose faith I can imitate. And I'm even more thankful that he is a God who doens't change. I'm thankful that the ministries at Rock will continue without me, that God will continue to work through them without me. I was really upset to leave Diamonds on Friday - it was the biggest attnedance we'd ever had on Friday and a bit insdie of me just aches not wanting to let it go - I want to see fortnight by fortnight what God is going to do with that work, how he is going to move among the old people around Lichfield Road, I want to be involved. But I'm not going to be there anymore, that is not where God wants me now. I'm handing it over to others (probably far more capable than me anyway) and trusting that God will work even though I'm not around (oh how arroganst am I)?! But I am moving on - new people, new challenges - seeing God work in different ways. I'm looking forward to it, but I'm also scared. Scared that I won't be good enough to do the job, scared that I'll be overwhelmed by meeting new people, scared that I won't get a balance between work and rest, scared that my eyes will be as bad or worse than they were last year. But hang on - the Lord has said - 'never will I leave you, never will I forsake you' and so I can say with confidence - 'the Lord is my helper - I will not be afraid - what can man do to me?' God is with me - what do I have to fear? I'm not good enough for the job, trusting in my own strength - no way, but God is good enough, and his grace is enough for me (didn't I hear that once somewhere? relay 1 maybe...!) I know from past experience and from what he Bible says that just because God is with me does not mean things will be easy though. I'm sure there will be situations in my new church I will find really tough. I'm expect my eyes will be a problem at times. But I can trust Jesus through it all - he is my helper and he is the one who is the same yesterday, today, and forever - hooray!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey lou, it's Fiona from CCB. We are VERY excited you're coming next week and do hope you'll let us know if there's anything we can do for you.

So great reading people's blogs to get to know them better! Have you done the open-top bus in Brighton? I've been wanting to for two years, so maybe we could do that when you get here?

I'll explain my blog name when I see you x

Fri Sept 08, 02:25:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home